Today 500 Startups announced the 28 companies of Batch #8, who will join it’s first San Francisco accelerator class. Here are the top 10 fastest growing:
1. Prediction.io – open source machine learning platform
2. Shippo – B2B shipping API for small businesses
3. Equipboard – gear site for fans who want to shop like pros
4. DOZ – marketing analytics and automation platform
5. ShareRoot – “Buddy Media for Pinterest”
6. I3Zif – Arabic online music school
7. CultureAlley – foreign language learning platform
8. Pijon – monthly subscription care package for college students
9. Ja Entendi – Brazilian online learning service
10. FameBit – hire and work with YouTube influencers
From The Investors
Tomasz Tunguz of Redpoint Ventures breaks down the numbers of public SaaS businesses in “The Optimal Average Customer Value for SaaS Startups”
Peter Barris of New Enterprise Associates reflects on the current class of $1B+ companies and what the future might hold in “Unicorn Fever and the Billion-Dollar Business Boom”
Hunter Walk of Homebrew Ventures points out a subtle but important shift in “‘Never Heard Of It, Must Not Be Big’ Has Never Been More Wrong”
Rob Go of NextView Ventures shares thoughts on the unique challenges of putting together an institutionally lead seed round in “Seed Round Dynamics”
Boris Wertz of Version One Ventures offers some strategies for moving forward in “How To Overcome Decision Paralysis”
Steve Schlafman of RRE Ventures has actionable advice for startup founders in “Nail Your Seed Round”
Founder Collective announced Scott Belsky has joined as a new Founder Partner, and he will continue to lead Behance and serve as VP of Community for Adobe.
Media Camp Academy is accepting applications from founders to join the Turner / Warner Bros. backed accelerator program. Learn more.
From The Operators
…and in case you missed it, don’t forget you can now search our database of more than 200,000 startups for free. Check it out, and have a great week!