EFFECTIVE DATE: 02/11/19
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically as you use our Site, App, and Services.
Types of Information that we Collect. We collect both personal and non-personally identifiable information about you. Personal information is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person. Non-personally identifiable information is any additional information that cannot be used to identify you as a natural person.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect personal and non-personally identifiable information directly from you when you create an account, sign-up for a demo, request information from us, or otherwise contact us. The type of information that we collect about you depends on your particular interaction with our Site, App, and Services, but may include the following: if you register, your name, job title, company, phone number, industry, and email; if you make a purchase, your payment information (e.g., credit card information and billing address); and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. You may log into our App (but not the Site) using your Twitter credentials. If you do so, we also will request your email address. Twitter will provide us with your Twitter handle. By logging in through Twitter, you are granting us access to read Tweets from your timeline and see whom you follow.
We store the information that we receive from Twitter with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site, App, or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site, App, or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We also may collect the following information about your use of the App, as permitted by the device manufacturer: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the App. Usually the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, however we may combine this information with other information, including personal information, that we have collected about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information based on the explicit consent you have provided for the purpose of providing you with our services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site, App, or Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes upon your consent. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, features of our Services, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- If you download our app, and with your consent, we also will send you push notifications. You may turn off push notifications at any time by accessing the settings on your device.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, App, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis; to improve our Site, App, and Services; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty programs.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our affiliates or subsidiaries, which may use your information to market their own products and services to you.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Other Third Parties. We may disclose your information to third parties, including business partners and entities that offer products and services that we believe might be of interest to you. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes. If you are a California consumer, please see our Special Notice to California Consumers below.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for our and the third party’s own marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. We do not control how the third parties will use the data.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as you use the Site, the App and services.
You have the right to request that your personal information is permanently removed from our system and database at any time. Such request will be accommodated within 10 days.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. To a limited extent, cookies also may be used to track your activity while you use our App. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your use of our Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) to, among other things, track the activities of visitors to our Site and App, help us manage content, and compile statistics about use of our Services. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Third Party Analytics
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
User Generated Content
From time to time, we invite guest authors to post content on our blog. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to registered users of our Services. If you post your own content on our blog, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site, App, and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented suitable physical, electronic and management procedures to safeguard and secure information to protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, c, alteration, and destruction. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All individuals who have access to your information (including employees, contractors and agents) are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline if they fail to meet these obligations. [Areas of our website that collect personal data use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption or other types of encryption.] Mattermark backs up all user data in [data servers], enabling speedy recovery in case of a disaster. [Whenever possible we will make sure we anonymize or pseudonymise all personal or related data].
Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Special Notice to California Users
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or App for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com. Or contact our legal counsel at Sutterlegal.com
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post notice of any changes to this Policy on our Site and at our App. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or by emailing registered users at their most recent email on record.