Each quarter, the analyst team at Mattermark puts together a summary of the past 3 months of deal activity in the US startup ecosystem to help investors get a sense of the overall market trends. This report takes a step back to examine the bigger picture alongside recent activity, to help you calibrate your gut feel for the markets with objective data. Download the 33-page free report here.
Q3 Trend in Focus: Capital Concentration
The key trend which continues to emerge is the concentration of capital in fewer rounds, as evidenced by a decrease in overall deal count and an increase in total funding dollars deployed. Earlier this year the trend was more of a barbell between early and late stage earlier this year has continued to develop throughout the year, and now it is the late stage that is seeing a clear surge while deal volume and capital for this year has stabilized at the same levels as last year.
This report includes:
- Year-over-year deal volume trends overall and by stage
- 10 year historical deal volume trends
- Year-over-year capital deployment trends overall and by stage
- 5 year historical capital deployments trends
- Stage-by-stage average and median deal sizes year-over-year
- Top 10 largest deals by stage
Ready to dig in?
Did you know you can use Mattermark Professional to access all the underlying data from this analysis? Sign up for a free trial today.