Forbes published their 2015 Hottest Startups list of companies with the fastest growing valuations over time between funding rounds. As with any such list, we love to provide better insight into how these companies are performing. We’ve used the Mattermark Growth Score to rank all 50 companies. Below are the top 10 on the list and you can download the full spreadsheet here. The spreadsheet provides each company’s Mindshare Score, URL, location, total funding, all investors, employee count, employee count month-over-month change, current funding stage, estimated monthly uniques, and last funding date.
The Top 10 Forbes Hottest Startups of 2015
(links to Mattermark Public Company Pages view)
1.Uber (Mattermark Growth Score: 44,753) – A mobile app connecting passengers with drivers for hire. Forbes Rank: #16
2. Zenefits (Mattermark Growth Score: 6,892) – Free cloud-based software to help small businesses automate payroll and benefits. Makes money off commissions on health insurance. Forbes Rank: #10
3. Postmates (Mattermark Growth Score: 3,267) – A proprietary logistics software that dispatches and guides couriers through major metropolitan areas to deliver local goods including prepared food, groceries and retail goods. Forbes Rank: #9
4. WeWork (Mattermark Growth Score: 2,970) – A platform for creators. They provide the space, community, and services creators need to build their life’s work. Forbes Rank: #31
5. Slack (Mattermark Growth Score: 2,629) – A team communication application providing services such as real-time messaging, archiving, and to search for modern teams. They also have an app ecosystem to enable productivity and enhanced utility for growing companies. Forbes Rank: #2
6. DoorDash (Mattermark Growth Score: 2,419) – An on-demand delivery service that connects customers with local businesses. Forbes Rank: #7
7. DraftKings (Mattermark Growth Score: 2,213) – A knowledge-based daily fantasy sports website allowing users to play against other users for cash prizes. Forbes Rank: #15
8. Gusto (Mattermark Growth Score: 2,130) – Formerly ZenPayroll, is a full-service online payroll solution. Forbes Rank: #48
9. Porch (Mattermark Growth Score: 1,930) – The home network, helping homeowners make informed decisions on home improvements and in selecting the right home professionals. Forbes Rank: #3
10. Casper (Mattermark Growth Score: 1,775) – A vertically integrated mattress company. They build and sell mattresses directly to consumers. Forbes Rank: #6
Have a Mattermark account? Contact us for the full spreadsheet.